Top Three Highlights of Brazil
“Experience Local Flavours – It is an exceptional honeymoon & family destination offering an eclectic mix of captivating cities, iconic landmarks and the coolest beach life. Explore the sizzling city of Rio de Janeiro, the mighty Iguassu Falls and the endless golden sands of Bahia”. ~ Scott Dunn
[arve url=”https://youtu.be/ZWlG5HaXNVs” align=”center” maxwidth=”360″]
Start your adventure in the vibrant beach front city of Rio with its breath-taking setting. Stay at the gorgeous Hotel Santa Teresa located in the historic Portuguese quarter home to artisan stalls, art galleries and local haunts. Stroll hand-in-hand along Ipanema soaking up Rio’s beach culture, head out to a sensual samba show, visit the famous Maracana stadium and channel your inner Ronaldo, stand side-by-side Christ the Redeemer and enjoy a magnificent sunset from Sugar Loaf Mountain. We can give you all the top tips to kick off your honeymoon in style in this effortlessly romantic city.
From Rio fly on to the awe-inspiring Iguassu Falls surrounded by lush jungle at the border with Argentina. Stroll along the board walks observing the sheer power of these cascades and for those keen for a little adventure take a speed boat to the base of the falls. Stay at the luxurious Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas which has one of the most breath-taking hotel locations in the Americas and enjoy all the creature comforts with superlative service.
After visiting one of South America’s top natural highlights, continue north to the glorious beaches of Bahia. End your honeymoon in the lap of luxury staying at one of Brazil’s coolest hotels, Uxua, located in the hip cliff top village of Trancoso. Uxua’s private casas epitomise barefoot luxury and provide ample privacy for honeymooners and a real sense of romance. Sample the village’s low key nightlife, dine at candle lit open air restaurants surrounding the Quadrado, watch locals playing football and practising the afro-martial art of capoeira, hit the beach, have a surf lesson, stroll along the golden sands, savour delicious caipirinha cocktails and enjoy magical sunsets.
- Fly to Rio de Janeiro
- 3 Nights / Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- The Hotel Santa Teresa is a gorgeous boutique hotel with picturesque views over Rio's most up and coming quarter. Beautiful, individually designed rooms and suites are complemented by a lovely outdoor pool and one of the best restaurants in the city.
- 2 Nights / Fly to the Iguassu Falls
- Belmond Hotel das Cataratas has a spellbinding location just a short stroll from the spectacular Iguazu Falls and is the only hotel located within Brazil’s National Park. This colonial-style Belmond residence is the most exclusive place to stay.
- 5 Nights / Fly to Trancoso, Brazil
- Uxua Casa Hotel & Spa is a stunning, individual boutique hotel by fashion label Diesel’s former creative director Wilbert Das offering gorgeous 1,2 and 3 bedroom private houses in the cliff top fishing village of Trancoso on Brazil’s idyllic Bahian coast.
- Fly home
Rio de Janeiro and Iguassu can be visited year round but October through to April is considered the best time to visit. Temperatures are milder in Rio during Brazil’s winter months from June to September. As Trancoso is closer to the equator then there is little temperature variation throughout the year (typically high 20’s early 30’s) however the region receives increased rainfall in May, June and July and it is a quieter time. January and February is peak summer in Brazil and Rio and Iguassu will be hot and humid.
For other interesting itineraries visit Discover Northeastern Brazil Highlights
Or to book a holiday, visit Scott Dunn
The best people to recommend Scott Dunn are their guests, which is why their finest endorsement is winning the Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Awards 2015 – as voted for by them.